Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day Ten

What a beautiful day.  Couldn't ask for anything better when working outside.

Of course, I feel compelled to make things just a smidge worse before making it better, so I did a little demo first thing this morning.  I decided that, ultimately, it would be much easier to demo the remaining piece of 4x8 paneling on the ceiling around the vent than to try and find a way to match up all of the disparate bits and pieces.  That took a whopping 10 minutes.  I'm standing in the doorway taking this photo.


Another shot from the kitchen area.  I've yet to tear out the yucky fiberglass insulation from that one section, but I'll get to that in a minute.


One more shot - this time from the rear.  I hardly ever post any photos facing the kitchen, so here you have it.  I need to take that fiberglass yellow insulation out next.


In for a penny, in for a pound!  Why not show you the whole mess that it is kitchen these days.  You can see the blue tarp is still over the top of the camper.  That will be the case until I get the new ceiling vent dfan sealed from the outside and the J-rail butyl taped and screwed back into place.  My best guess is week after next for that.

Alright!  Turning from starboard to port, here are the walls as of about 11a this morning.




And now....
Everyone sing it with me........ "Isn't sheeeeeeee......


...pretty in pink."


In the rear starboard corner, I added a little support bracket for something in to which to screw the light on the outside.  Once the glue hardens, I'll add insulation there, too.  Ignore that starboard upper rear section.  It will get insulation, too.  All of these sections will get insulation tape to cross from pink, over the wood framing, to pink again, just to make it as tight as possible.  With the insulation and remaining framing in place, I'll cut the channels and secure all of the wiring.

I went out to get luan today and came back with unlayment plywood.  I think that it will have a very nice finish, once painted and it was only $10 per sheet.  Can't beat that with a stick!

Welp!  That's it for now.  See you tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment