Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day Eight

Gorgeous day today!

The goal for today was to get the rear framing complete, get the skin to fit, slap on some new butyl tape EVERYWHERE and get that window back in.

I had a second pair of hands this morning to help me with the skin - thanks Kenny!

Next, I cleaned all of the old gunk off of the window.

Then I temporarily fitted the window and clamped everything in place to make sure it would fit.

Perfect!

Put the butyl tape on.

Glued and screwed framing into place.

Ready to put that window in permanently!!  Woo hoo!!!!

Got the window in place and.......it doesn't fit.

Huh???

I don't know.  I really don't.  I had the whole thing together before I took the window out, applied the butyl and take put the window back in.

Since it is 5 pm, I'm going to sleep on it and start again in the morning.

A little discouraging.

Never say die!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment