Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day Nine

Back to success!!!!

I'm not going to tell how I fixed the problem.  I will tell you that I discovered the cause of the problem and it is was something that I did back on Day One.  I pondered and pondered taking off the bottom skin and redoing some of the bottom framing to correct the problem and decided against it.  There was a way to "cheat" it and make it OK.  I don't like doing that, but the alternative seemed a bit over the top - even for me.

So look!!  The rear window is in and there is butyl tape aplenty!!  I'll trim it another day.  Yippee!!


Also, all of the 12v wiring is in and I even test fitted the new Fan-Tastic fan.  THAT is a very happy purchase.  It pulls air in or pumps it out.  It was a little warm in my aluminum box today, but this puppy sucked a lot of that hot air out in a matter of minutes.  YES!  I still have a smidge of work to do around the opening on the top of the camper, so permanent installation is still a work day or two off. Very exciting.  This is the first "improvement"; meaning that it is something that was not there before.


I'll be taking out the rest of the fuzzy insulation and replacing it (where I can get to it) with 3/4 hard foam.  This is just nasty stuff.

I also discovered that I don't actually have all of the connections needed to make the camper brakes work.  That is a job a few weeks down the line, but it is certainly interesting.  I know that there is a break in the connection somewhere between the tongue of the camper, where all of the wires are exposed and the turn signals on the rear.  I'll need to jack up the trailer to find the problem.  Again, that can wait a little bit.  I know that the interior wiring is fine, because they work just fine when connected directly to the battery, so no need to wait to close in the walls.  Yay!


This is what the rear wall looks like now.  You can see the wires for the running lights and the turn signal lights.  Odd.  There was nothing for the screws to bite into except the aluminum before.  I plan to add one more vertical slat of framing so that those screws aren't just suspended there.

Next week's goal will be to cut channels in the new framing for the wiring and get the insulation in.

I feel SO much better today, having made this progress.  Soon, I'll be back to doing what I intended to do in the first place - just fluff up the interior.

Good grief!!

Happy Sunday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment