Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day Nineteen

Lots of progress today, but not a lot in the way of new photos.

Remember all of the that work, earlier in the job, applying new butyl tape and reaffixing the J-rail?  I'd never trimmed any of that, so I did today.  I also think that I located the leak location on the roof and got that sealed off.  We'll see if I was right.

Also, I put on all of the running lights and got those sealed.  I also saw my friends at Home Depot and got something that will hopefully put some life back into the aluminum trim on the interior.  It looks pretty sad now that the walls are looking pretty good.  I got a trendy polishing attachment for my drill and rubbing compounds for aluminum.  We'll see.  I think they might need a bit more in the way of friction, but what do I know?

Painting is finished on all of the cabinet doors and drawers and I started affixing the new hinges.  I ran into trouble on the doors under the sink, though. Although the old/new hinges look the same size, the distance between the hinges themselves and the piece that attachs to the doors is about 1/8" wider.  So for two doors that abut one another, that leaves me with an overlap of 1/4 inch.  Whoops.  I'll worry about fixing that another day.

I have a LOT of punch work on the painting on the cabinets.  I did all of it outside and that played havoc with how the paint went on.  Not my best work.  I'll let it all sit for a few days before I start trying to repair it.  The humidity makes it all a bit gummy.  Oh, we won't mentioned the birds making deposits onto my newly painted door fronts.  No.  We'll just leave that bit out.

That'll do it for now, Campers.  Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment