Friday, August 3, 2012

Day Eighteen

18 days!  All of this is taking far too long!!

OK.  I'm better now.  Moving on.

Jiminy H. Crickets.

I started at 6:30a this morning and know that much was accomplished, but there doesn't seem to be much to show for it.

The List:

Put new springs on brakes:  Check!
Test brakes:  Check!
Charge battery:  Check!
Affix all running and other outside lights:  Check!
Wire fan and other interior DC fixtures together:  Check!

Mind you, I deserve NO credit for the brakes or the exterior lighting checks.  My gearhead buddy helped me today.  I'd hoped that my carpenter pal was going to show up and teach me how to cut molding correctly (as CLEARLY I am doing it wrong), but he had paying clients to worry about.

New License Plate holder and light cover!!!  I even have a license plate, but I didn't get as far as putting it on.  I have only 29 more days to have Trixie inspected.  I guess I'd better get a trailer hitch on Trixie's car soon, right?  Oh.  I didn't tell the blog that Trixie's original car got totalled.  We're on Trixie Car II.  Nevermind.



A second coat of finish paint on the cabinet doors and drawer fronts.


While you're at it, you may admire my garden phlox and Mathilde Jane (Tilly).

The second NEW fixture is now in (after the ceiling fan). The first LED light.  It's ugly, but very bright and efficient.  And it works on DC power.


Using the heat gun, I took up the broken green/white tiles.  I'd originally thought that I'd take up all of them, but I'm not sure that is necessary.  I plan to put down trendy indoor/outdoor carpeting for this summer, and I don't think I'll really notice a big level difference, so I think that I'll just lay down the carpet over this lovely stuff.


Tomorrow?

  • Finish painting the cabinet doors and drawers.
  • Fasten the rear settee bench to the rear wall and add the support framing so that I can put a seat back on the top.
  • Reinstall the bunch supports
  • Get an 8 foot 1x3 to install for the rear wall bunch support (that'll be a doozie of a job)
  • Clean and prime the long bench (the one that goes from the door to the access panel that you see in the photo above.  It is NASTY!!!  I need to move all of the cabinet fronts and drawers out of the way to make room for that.  It's a biggie.


That's it for now, Campers.  I'm POOPED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment