Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day Four

Another very good day.  If it hadn't required two trips out to the store for things I didn't have - and who can believe there is anything left that I don't have of the hardware variety - it would have been even more productive.  Be that as it may....

First, I took out the starboard window.  Didn't I say that I was going to do that last Saturday?


There don't appear to have been any leaks around this window, so hooray for me for potentially breaking something that weren't broke!!  I had to take it out to fix the framing though.

Remember that whole rotted corner on the port side?  A reminder...


Well, this is what it looks like now!





A little better, right?!  Yeah, just a little.  Here is the view from the inside.  The original had 4 separate pieces stabled together to make what is now two pieces heavily joined, not only with screws, but with PL adhesive.  Perdy, ain't it!  I like the look of the Kreg jig marks.  Looks like little feet marks.


Remember all of that rot on the starboard side?




Here is what it looks like now.  VERY solid.



Same wall, under the window, from the outside.



I have a few more stabilizing framing pieces to put in, but I can do that from inside the camper now.

It is amazing how much more gets done with 4 hands rather than just my 2.  Thanks, Chris!!!

Before Chris left, we took apart all of the framing, added either PL adhesive or super duper wood glue and screwed it all back together again.  Only a few drips.  And it still fits together!!  Woo hoo!!


Tomorrow I'll start working on cleaning up all of the aluminum edges and J-rail, removing all of the old gunk so that I can add new butyl tape and put it back together again.

'night All!!

Thanks again, Chris!!




No comments:

Post a Comment