Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day Sixteen

BIG DAY!!!

Very exciting.

First, this is where we started the day.  Took off the wet and buckled luan next to the door.  I don't know if you can see this, but there are years' worth of drip marks on the aluminum.  Not a good sign.  BUT I think that I may have found the cause on the roof.  I'll see what I can do about that.


Need to get a final ceiling panel in place around the fan.  This was tricky, but more on that in a minute.


Ta da!  Final ceiling panel is in place.  The two very narrow strips on either side of the fan broke when I was trying to get it into place.  Technically, I could have waited for someone to come and help me.  Four hands would have likely been able to hold onto the whole thing at once, thereby relieving the stress on the center, but, patience not being one of my virtues, I put it up myself and it broke.  HOWEVER, I got it all up and the finish piece for the fan will cover where the two sets of pieces join.


...and here is the new starboard piece.  



Next, I've included some snaps of what everything else looks like right now.  Not so great, huh?  Well, hopefully that is about to change.  I've moved most of the tools back into the garage, so that I have space to work.























Now, I have a coat of sealer/primer on everything and a first coat of finish on some.  I would have continued so that I got a full coat of finish on everything, but I was losing daylight.  Storm coming.









Can you see above the big window, to the left of the small window, the veneer is buckling along the seam?  I'll get some wood glue behind it tomorrow and figure out a way to clamp it in place.  Man, do those light fixtures look mangy now that there is paint on the walls.  







Hopefully I'll finish the base coat and get a full second coat on tomorrow.  Then I can add molding.

That's all for tonight, Campers!

No comments:

Post a Comment